Virtually any photography devotee recognizes that the kind of digital camera utilized in a shootout definitely alters the final results. A quality camera produces magnificent photographs — portraits that will leave viewers happy. A good variety of DSLR cameras, both point and shoot and digital, exist. Among the many high-end camera brands on the market, is the Nikon D7100 digital SLR, an excellent digital cam. Nikon released the APS-C DSLR in 2012 alongside the D5200 and D3200. Nikon D7100 is the follower of the popular 21/2-year-old D700. The following is an in-depth Nikon D7100 review.
Nikon D7100 body and construction
The Nikon D7100 reaches a balance between outstanding imaging properties and a high quality construction. To boost rigidness and sturdiness to the cam, its body features magnesium and polycarbonate hybrid top and covers. Despite having magnesium alloy parts, Nikon D7100 is still lighter compared to its precursor (D7000). The digital SLR camera’s light-weight lets you take pleasure in your photography sessions with minimal cases of weariness. Thanks to the D7100’s lightweight and great design, the model is convenient to work with.
The cam’s sturdy build material makes it tremendously insusceptible to dust and atmospheric conditions. Most photo sessions take place outdoors where the high-end camera is subjected to environmental factors that might be destructive. With the dirt and weather insusceptible digital SLR camera, you manage to participate in all forms of photo shootouts fearlessly notwithstanding the prevailing weather conditions.
When it comes to dimension and weight, Nikon D7100 is almost similar to its predecessor, Nikon D7000. Some people have problems telling one from the other. The cams’ essential controls are almost identical and fall in the same positions. The only elements that differentiate the D7100 from the D7000 are:.
- The 5th button is on the cam’s left wing.
- The video button is on the top plate.
Almost all of D7100’s upgrades are inside the camera’s polycarbonate and magnesium hybrid shell.
The Nikon D7100’s Key specifications.
- The photographic camera possesses a Mid-size SLR body.
- The digital SLR has an optimal resolution of 6000 x 4000. Other resolutions are 2400 x 1344, 2400 x 1600, 2992 x 1680, 2992 x 2000, 3600 x 2024, 3600 x 2400, 4496 x 2528, 4494 x 3000, 4800 x 2696, 4800 x 3200, and 6000 x 3368.
- The Nikon D7100 possesses an image ratio (w: h) of 3:2, 16:9.
- The SLR has sensor image detectors of 24.7 megapixels. The camera’s practical pixels are 24.1 megapixels.
- This terrific digital SLR camera has a DX type CMOS sensing unit (APS-C), that has a size of 23.5 x 15.6 mm.
- The DSLR camera has the ability of shooting up to 6 fps for up to 100 continuous shots.
- D7100 possesses an ISO stretching from 100 to 6400 and expandable to 25600.
- The HD SLR digital SLR allows Wi-Fi and sharing control. The high-end camera’s WU-1a adapter assists in this.
- The digital camera system can generate high quality 1080p clips.
Pros of the Nikon D7100.
- True, sharp photographs — this digital camera system marks an awesome improvement in portrait quality for high-resolution DX-format cameras. The cams 24.1-mp DX-format CMOS sensing unit lets you develop the purest and sharpest images ever.
- Lightweight– Nikon D7100 is light-weight photographic camera having a weight of around 765 g (26.98 oz / 1.69 lb)– this weight is inclusive of the electric battery. The photographic camera’s lightweight allows you capture pics for long with less fatigue.
- Long life battery — the high-end camera comes with a long life Li-Ion EN-EL15 chargeable battery that has a battery life (in regards to shots for each charge) of 950 shots. Furthermore, the digital SLR has MH-25 quick charger.
- The DSLR camera includes a 1/4-inch tripod socket. With the plug, you have the ability to mount the high-end camera on a tripod for simpler recording.
- The cam has an incorporated hi-fi mic. When capturing movies, the microphone assists in sound recording.
- The Nikon D7100 is a well-designed digital camera that is comfy to use. The design combined with the DSLR camera’s light-weight enables you shoot for much longer with diminished tiredness.
- High-speed capturing — with the high-speed picture capturing, you never miss any essential detail in an occasion.
- The model of camera allows wireless sharing of photos with friends and family. The DSLR camera’s WU-1a adapter facilitates this sharing and control.
Disadvantages of the Nikon D7100.
- The digital SLR camera lacks an aperture control in film mode making it complicated to film first-class video clips.
- Even though the digital SLR camera has top quality pictures, it can not match the quality of photographs created by Nikon D5200, a D7100’s more affordable sibling.
- Distinct from the D300s, which shoots TIFs, the D7100 only captures JPEG and RAW portraits. This is a disadvantage compared to the D300s.
In my point of view, the camera is a deserving upgrade for any skilled photographer. In case you have used the Nikon D7000 camera, you will get an easier time using the D7100 DSLR.
With the above Nikon D7100 review, should be able to make up your mind whether to go for the camera or not.
(Credit: AZ TechSmart)
- Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera Review (susanonline1987.wordpress.com)
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digital SLR Camera Review (susanonline1987.wordpress.com)
- Free WP Blog setup (newskenya.twomini.com)